- This event has passed.
Stocking for Troops Donation Drive
November 12 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sending Hope & Gifting Joy!
Donation Drive: October 18th – November 16th, 2021
Join us in bringing holiday cheer to our troops overseas. With your help and support, the YMCA of Orange County will send stockings filled with much needed items and pieces of home to our military families.
Our Goal: Fill 1000 stockings!
How it all comes together:
- Donations Collected: YMCA at George White
- YMCA Child Care Stuffing Party: Staff and students sort donations and fill stockings.
- Stockings Shipped to Troops: Words of Comfort, Hope & Promise packs and ships all stockings overseas.
- Troops Receive Stockings: Our troops enjoy the holidays with a taste of home.
• Candy canes
• Starbucks Via® coffees – our troops’ favorite!
• Peanut butter or cheese & crackers snack packs
• Cup of Noodles® or Easy Mac® macaroni & cheese
• Starkist® tuna & crackers snack packs
• Nature Valley® Sweet & Salty Peanut bars
• Gatorade Propel® dry powder packets for water bottles
• Cliff® Bars/Protein bars
INDIVIDUAL SNACK PACKS
• Assorted bags of nuts
• Dried fruits/raisins
• Cheez-Its® or Cracker Jacks®
• Trail mix
• Sunflower seeds
• Beef jerky/Slim Jim®
• Corn Nuts®
• Store-bought cookies
• Christmas stockings, 7” wide x 19” long
• Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
• Chewing gum
• Hand warmer packets
• Pocket or purse size package of baby wipes
• Letters and Christmas cards
**All donations are tax deductible**
LEARN MORE: ymcaoc.org/donation-drives